Are you new to ACH, have some experience or you’ve been processing ACH transactions for many years, this 3-part webinar bootcamp will cover details from the basics to the more complex issues when processing ACH transactions. Even if you’ve been processing ACH transactions forever, each part in this bootcamp will help you understand “the how” of the ACH network.
There are operations staff who process ACH transactions each day but still don’t really know how the ACH network flows and details surrounding their day-to-day processes. Knowing the details makes it easier to resolve those issues that may be few and far-between, plus knowing “how” transactions move within the network helps identify possible solutions to specific issues as they arise.
In the entire 3-part Payments Webinar series, attendees will hear details on:
- History and basics of the ACH network, the flow of transactions, the five basic participants, their general responsibilities and roles
- Basic legal framework of the ACH network
- Common terminology and products/applications used
- Settlement vs. Funds Availability and how this pertains to Same Day ACH
- Overview on exception processes within ACH (Stop Payments, Returns, NOCs)
- Timeframes for consumer notification when it comes to errors regarding EFT’s including the financial institution’s responsibilities
- Regulation E and the Error Resolution Process
- Same Day ACH – Credits and Debits and how this is changing the ACH Network
- Reinitiation of Entries and the Reversal Process
- Recently approved 2019 NACHA Operating Rules Changes and how they affect you as an ACH participant
Basics, Process Flows, Legal Framework and Participants
This first part identifies the history, flow, basic legal framework and participant’s roles and responsibilities in the ACH network. Whether you’re new to ACH or possess a basic understanding of the network, this session will help identify the “how” of the way ACH Entries are processed and create a level-setting experience to complete the remaining sessions in this 3-part ACH webinar series.
- Basic history, legal framework and flow of ACH transactions
- Participants and their basic roles and responsibilities
- Common Terminology and Products/Applications used in the ACH Network
- Settlement and Funds Availability – including recent changes due to Same Day ACH (SDA)
Donna, the Vice President of Education Services for Dynamic Mastership, is a Certified Master Trainer and an experienced Project Manager, with over 14 years’ experience managing education programs for organizations processing electronic payments and financial institutions operations areas. Prior to founding Dynamic Mastership 3 years ago, Donna served as the Education Services Director for UMACHA for 9 years. Donna began her career serving as Training and Development Specialist for the Federal Reserve Bank, Minneapolis.
1.5 CPE Credits & 1.8 AAP Credits