Thursday, August 20, 2020
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Eastern Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Central Time)
10:00 – 11:00 am (Mountain Time)
9:00 – 10:00 am (Pacific Time)
The TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure Rule is your most costly regulation. And given the increased focus on consumer protections it is critical for banks and financial service providers to be in compliance with these consumer lending regulations.
This comprehensive training webinar will provide a thorough review of the requirements and enforcement of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Truth-in-Lending Act and their implementing regulations. TRID and the CFPB’s recent amendment will also be addressed so that both new and experienced personnel will benefit from this session.
This lending webinar provides the information needed to master the TRID rules, including a review of common issues and tips to help banks address and avoid mistakes.
Attendees to this banking webinar will learn:
- Advanced understanding of TILA and RESPA compliance requirements
- Comprehensive review of the TRID and TRID 2.0
- The latest guidance and interpretations of recent TRID changes and requirements
- Revised definitions and exemptions
- Rules for shopping for settlement service providers
- Detailed analysis of the loan estimate and closing disclosure
- Consumer’s ability to waive waiting periods before closing
- Changes requiring new waiting periods before consummation
- Calculating cash to close
- Tolerances and tolerance cures
- Principal reductions for tolerance cures
- Practice tips and approaches to achieve TRID compliance
- Common issues related to the TRID rules and how institutions can effectively address them.
Dena Somers is a highly regarded bank consultant and compliance attorney. She has provided regulatory compliance and risk management consulting services to financial institutions and companies in highly regulated industries nationwide for more than 20 years. Her areas of expertise include consumer and mortgage lending compliance, Fintech and specialty finance, regulatory compliance training, business strategy and best practice advisement, and corporate governance. Throughout her career, Ms. Somers has advised hundreds of banking and financial institutions— ranging from local community banks to $50 billion financial holding companies— to achieve operational efficiency while ensuring regulatory compliance. Previously, Ms. Somers served as General Counsel to a national mortgage servicing company, Fintech lender, national money service business, and has represented financial institutions in a broad array of complex litigation matters for more than 15 years. Additionally, Ms. Somers is a published author for Lexis Nexis in the areas of Bank Teller training, loan policies, and loan documentation training.
1.0 CPE Credits