Thursday, March 14, 2024
2:00 – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time)
1:00 – 2:00 pm (Central Time)
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Mountain Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Pacific Time)
The Green Book outlines the requirements for handling DNEs (Death Notification Entries) and Federal Government Reclamations. Processing ACH payments from the Federal Government can be a challenge based on the decision to post, return and those situations requiring the financial institution to recover funds when these funds are withdrawn prematurely. This session will outline those details!
Included will be the process for deceased account holders and your responsibilities to the Federal Government if they are receiving benefit payments. Examples of different types of situations will be outlined during the session to more clearly reflect best business practices for handling DNE and reclamations.
- Detailed processes on handling Death Notification Entries (DNE’s).
- Timeframes to return ACH Entries for deceased account holders.
- Acceptable return reason codes when returning benefit payments for deceased account holders.
- Effective handling and processing of Federal Government Reclamations.
- Timeframes for responding to government reclamations.
- Difference between handling commercial reclamations and federal government reclamations.
- Tools that assist financial institution’s in handling these types of items.
Who Should Attend?:
- Client Facing Teams
- Deposit Operations
- Risk Managers
- Internal Audit
- BSA Officers and Support Staff
1.0 CPE Credits & 1.2 AAP Credits