Tuesday, September 22, 2020
2:00 – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time)
1:00 – 2:00 pm (Central Time)
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Mountain Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Pacific Time)
The internet introduced a paradigm shift to the world in general, but probably no where else as much as the financial services industry. The forces behind online technology, mobile apps, cryptocurrencies, etc. have a strong love/hate relationship with more traditional financial products, services and customer channels.
This payments webinar examines these two worlds under ongoing construction associated with melding financial services and technology into what has become known now as "FINTECH".
This training includes
- An introduction to blockchain technology, and how it is currently being leveraged,
- An introduction to cryptocurrency, including how it works and
- A practical understanding of how it is being leveraged by the financial industry today.
This timely and up-to-date webinar looks at:
- VC Investments update into Blockchain companies
- The typical flow, characteristics, and mechanics associated with Blockchain transactions
- Practical applications for Blockchain
- The new 'ledger' associated with Blockchain
- The advantages and disadvantages for Blockchain
- Blockchain FAQs and examples
- Syndicated Loans
- Cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin and other types of currencies described
- Accounting rules that pertain to cryptocurrencies
- ICO (Initial Coin Offerings) explained
Dave Schroepfer CPA is the engagement partner and concurring reviewer for numerous financial institution (FI) engagements for accounting, tax, and consulting services. Dedicated to the FI industry, he has presented at firm banking forums and industry association events including for Community Bankers Association of Illinois (CBAI), The Illinois League of Financial Institutions (The "League"), and Illinois Bankers Association (IBA). In addition, Dave has authored articles for CBAI's Banknotes Magazine and Wipfli's newsletters. He leverages his deep industry knowledge and expertise to assist financial institution clients in strengthening their organization and their bottom line.
1.0 CPE Credits & 1.2 AAP Credits