Are you new to ACH, have some experience or you’ve been processing ACH transactions for many years, this 3-part webinar bootcamp will cover details from the basics to the more complex issues when processing ACH transactions. Even if you’ve been processing ACH transactions forever, each part in this bootcamp will help you understand “the how” of the ACH network.
There are operations staff who process ACH transactions each day but still don’t really know how the ACH network flows and details surrounding their day-to-day processes. Knowing the details makes it easier to resolve those issues that may be few and far-between, plus knowing “how” transactions move within the network helps identify possible solutions to specific issues as they arise.
In the entire 3-part Payments Webinar series, attendees will hear details on:
- History and basics of the ACH network, the flow of transactions, the five basic participants, their general responsibilities and roles
- Basic legal framework of the ACH network
- Common terminology and products/applications used
- Settlement vs. Funds Availability and how this pertains to Same Day ACH
- Overview onexceptionprocesses within ACH (Stop Payments, Returns, NOCs)
- Timeframes for consumernotification when it comes toerrors regarding EFT’sincluding thefinancial institution’s responsibilities
- Regulation Eandthe Error Resolution Process
- Same Day ACH – Credits and Debits and how this is changing the ACH Network
- Reinitiation of Entries and the Reversal Process
Recently approved 2019NACHA Operating Rules Changesand how they affect you as an ACH participant
Exception Handling, Stops, Prenotes, NOCs, DNEs and More
Processing your rejected or non-post ACH Entries can be confusing, frustrating and challenging, the most common exceptions and how to handle them will be explained in this session. Basic information on Stop Payments, Returns, Prenotes, Returns, NOCs (COR Entries), Federal Government ACH Processes relating to DNEs and Reclamations, including timeframes will be discussed.
Attendees in ACH 201 will walk away with information on the following:
- Stop Payment processing for consumer and corporate account holders
- Returns (general and extended); includes timeframes
- Prenotes – details on Rules compliance for both the ODFI (Originator) sending them to the RDFI receiving them
- Notification of Change details for both the RDFI and ODFI
- Same Day ACH overview – Debits and Credits – How this is affecting exception processing in the ACH Network
Donna, the Vice President of Education Services for Dynamic Mastership, is a Certified Master Trainer and an experienced Project Manager, with over 14 years’ experience managing education programs for organizations processing electronic payments and financial institutions operations areas. Prior to founding Dynamic Mastership 3 years ago, Donna served as the Education Services Director for UMACHA for 9 years. Donna began her career serving as Training and Development Specialist for the Federal Reserve Bank, Minneapolis.
1.5 CPE Credits & 1.8 AAP Credits