Processing ACH payments from the Federal Government can be challenging! This session will outline details on when account holders are deceased and what your responsibilities are to the Federal Government if they are receiving benefit payments. The NACHA Operating Rules still apply when processing these payments but the Green Book outlines the exceptions when handling DNEs (Death Notification Entries) and Federal Government Reclamations. Examples where we will apply the exceptions help bring the details to life.
- What is the Green Book, where is it located and where in the Green Book do I find details on DNEs and Government Reclamations
- Details on processing Death Notification Entries
- Timeframes on returning ACH Entries when account holders are deceased
- Descriptions of Return Reason Codes to use when returning benefit payments for deceased account holders
- How to handle and process Federal Government Reclamations
- Timeframes for responding to Government Reclamations
- Difference between Commercial and Government Reclamations
Donna, the Vice President of Education Services for Dynamic Mastership, is a Certified Master Trainer and an experienced Project Manager, with over 14 years’ experience managing education programs for organizations processing electronic payments and financial institutions operations areas. Prior to founding Dynamic Mastership 3 years ago, Donna served as the Education Services Director for UMACHA for 9 years. Donna began her career serving as Training and Development Specialist for the Federal Reserve Bank, Minneapolis.
1.5 CPE Credits & 1.8 AAP Credits