Wednesday, October 21, 2020
2:00 – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time)
1:00 – 2:00 pm (Central Time)
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Mountain Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Pacific Time)
The current environment of agricultural economics is presenting special challenges involving agricultural finance. What lessons were worth learning from the 1980’s, and how can they be used to navigate through the current challenges? What is the impact of margin compression in the industry on the farm client and agricultural portfolio? This session will discuss the latest trends in the industry and best practices for use in meeting the current challenges with your clients. We will also address issues and opportunities with the respect to the administration of the portfolio.
In this agricultural credit training, we will cover:
- An overview and update of current trends in agricultural economics, commodity price trends and trade issues
- Credit impacts on the agricultural loan portfolio and impacts on farm profitability
- Navigating through the current challenges presented by the current environment and the habits of financially resilient farmers
- Strategies for moving forward in agricultural credit management
- Best practices in portfolio administration
Jeffrey Davey is a leading industry consultant specializing in loan review and risk analysis. He has also worked for years as manager in loan review in the risk advisory group of Wipfli LLP’s financial institutions practice. He has worked with financial institutions to provide customer-focused risk management services. Jeffrey has more than 25 years of experience in commercial and agricultural banking.
1.0 CPE Credits