Wednesday, August 31, 2022
2:00 – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time)
1:00 – 2:00 pm (Central Time)
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Mountain Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Pacific Time)
As borrowers and lenders work through the business cycle, borrowers’ credit needs change, so lenders must be ready to recognize the changes and accommodate their clients’ requirements, and credit approvers must be prepared to evaluate and adjudicate the impact of these changes on underwriting, approval, and credit risk management.
Business cycles are inevitable, and bankers must understand borrowers’ funding needs through a cycles four phases—early expansion, late expansion, early contraction, and late contraction—as well as how to identify and evaluate clients’ relative vulnerability to both economic and COVID recession.
Topics discussed include:
- Defining the business cycle and its four phases
- Understanding how borrowers’ credit needs change over four phases of business cycle
- Identifying industries most vulnerable to recession and those industries less susceptible to recession
- Offering portfolio and credit management techniques and lending options over the business cycle
- Reviewing recession checklist to diagnose and improve commercial loan portfolio management over the business cycle
1.0 CPE Credits & 1.2 AAP Credits