Wednesday, July 1, 2020
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Eastern Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Central Time)
10:00 – 11:00 am (Mountain Time)
9:00 – 10:00 am (Pacific Time)
In response to the lifting or relaxing of stay-at-home orders and related lockdowns, many banks and credit unions are grappling with when and how to resume operations while protecting the well-being and safety of their employees and customers. In preparing for this transition, many workplace considerations emerge.
- When is it safe to bring people back?
- Do we need to modify how we operate?
- What are the legal implications to reopening branches?
- How will reopening be implemented?
- When testing, how will we ensure the employee’s privacy will be protected?
Banks and Credit Unions preparing for workers to return must address key issues related to personnel policies, worker safety, communication, timing and privacy. This webinar provides vital guidance to help institutions prepare to reopen branches and resume operations. Regulatory counsel, Dena Somers, will discuss key employment law issues and the government health and safety mandates regarding COVID-19. She’ll also provide the operational steps and key considerations for branch reopening. BONUS: Attendees will receive a comprehensive Branch Reopening Checklist and Toolkit to be used in planning for branch reopenings.
We will also hold a live Q&A at the end of the session. You can submit your question when you register or during the webinar in our “Q&A” feature.
Key Topics Addressed
- New agency guidance from OSHA, the CDC, DOL, and EEOC regarding COVID-19 on return-to-work issues
- Key employment law issues such as health and safety, employee leave issues, and privacy
- Guidance related to ADA issues (including reasonable accommodations) under the ADA
- Role and responsibility of banks and credit unions in the reopening process
- Policies on interpersonal activities outside of the workplace
- Personal and visitor Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and planning
- Employee screening and permissible medical inquiries
- Establishing a communication plan for employees, customers and vendors
- Accommodations for employees and customers
- Best practices for reconstitution planning
- The operational steps necessary to promote effective health and safety practices
- TAKE AWAY: Branch Reopening Checklist and Toolkit
Dena Somers is a highly regarded bank consultant and compliance attorney. She has provided regulatory compliance and risk management consulting services to financial institutions and companies in highly regulated industries nationwide for more than 20 years. Her areas of expertise include consumer and mortgage lending compliance, Fintech and specialty finance, regulatory compliance training, business strategy and best practice advisement, and corporate governance. Throughout her career, Ms. Somers has advised hundreds of banking and financial institutions— ranging from local community banks to $50 billion financial holding companies— to achieve operational efficiency while ensuring regulatory compliance. Previously, Ms. Somers served as General Counsel to a national mortgage servicing company, Fintech lender, national money service business, and has represented financial institutions in a broad array of complex litigation matters for more than 15 years. Additionally, Ms. Somers is a published author for Lexis Nexis in the areas of Bank Teller training, loan policies, and loan documentation training.
1.0 CPE Credits