Thursday, May 13, 2021
2:00 – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time)
1:00 – 2:00 pm (Central Time)
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Mountain Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Pacific Time)
Over the past five years, financial institutions have experienced regulatory criticism for not having a model validation performed on their BSA program.
- What is the difference between having an independent audit, model validation and system optimization?
- How often should you complete these reviews/audits, and can these be performed internally, or should they be outsourced?
This BSA webinar will take attendees through the main differences and provide best business practices for implementing these reviews/audits into your BSA program.
- Regulatory requirements and expectations for independent testing, model validation and system optimization
- Frequency of performing these reviews/audits
- Regulatory criticism for not completing these reviews/audits
- Top findings and observations from independent testing, model validation and system optimization.
- Resources for referrals of outside parties to provide these services
Who Should Attend?
- BSA/AML Officers and Support Staff
- Branch management
- Customer Service Representatives
- Call Centers
- Electronic Banking
- Risk Management
- Deposit Operations
- Internal Audit
- Information Security
- Executive Management
Throughout her career, Terri has served as a leader in the payments and fraud prevention industry, providing education, risk management and compliance consulting and support services geared toward the specific needs of financial organizations. Terri is an Advanced Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, an At-Risk Adult Crime Specialist and an Accredited ACH Professional. Prior to founding Secura, Terri served as co-founder of Payments Information Circle (PIC), a service organization providing payments industry education, auditing, consulting, resources, and support services to financial organizations throughout the country. Prior to her work at PIC, Terri also served as the President of GACHA, a non-profit, regional payments association where she provided strategic direction for financial institutions in the payments industry. Terri began her career in payments as a Senior Analyst with the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta where she provided training throughout the Sixth District and served on the Federal Reserve ACH Conversion Team that consolidated ACH Services for all branch locations in the Sixth District.
1.0 CPE Credits & 1.2 AAP Credits