Friday, June 19, 2020
12:00 – 2:00 pm (Eastern Time)
11:00 – 1:00 pm (Central Time)
10:00 – 12:00 pm (Mountain Time)
9:00 – 11:00 am (Pacific Time)
Cash Management services have been around for over forty years. In recent years, the name was changed to Treasury Management. However, both terms are used interchangeably in the banking industry. Cash Management services and products include all the banking services financial institutions offer to business clients to help them handle their cash on a daily basis. With increased new technology-based products come increased risk for both the financial institutions and the business clients who use the products. Therefore, it is crucial for both institutions and business clients to get educated on which Cash Management products are available, what their risks are, and how they can be used to maximize the management of the business’ daily cash to improve profits.
During this special 2-hour banking webinar, we will review all the Treasury Management products and services that are available in the market. You will learn about the new products, technology, and authentication methods now available and decide which ones your business account holders may need based on their industry. You will learn strategies to cross-sell the right Treasury Management products your business account holders need from the start.
Treasury and Cash Management areas in-depth:
- Maximizing the Account Analysis statement as a tool to cross-sell and identify new fee income opportunities
- Quick overview of all Treasury Management products and identifying enhancements focusing on each product’s benefits to businesses—the value
- Identifying new products available that your business customers or members are asking for that you may be missing
- How to determine which products you need to offer to your business customers or members based on industry
- How Treasury Management integrates with technology, operations, marketing and sales teams
- Ideas on how to market and brand your Treasury Management products
- The ideal organizational design for Treasury Management and how to incentivize the sales teams
- Process to implement Treasury Management products
- How to choose the right digital payment strategy for your business clients or members (including Blockchain)
- Identifying new authentication methods to enhance your products’ security
The bankers of today must be “lenders” as well as “deposit gatherers.” Community banks are searching for ways to increase core deposits and non-interest fee income: Treasury Management is the answer. In this course, you will gain a deeper understanding of how the Sales, Treasury Management, IT, Marketing, and Deposit Operations team members must collaborate to successfully sell and implement the products and services at your institution. We will cover the ideal organizational design for Treasury Management and how to incentivize the sales team.
Key Learning Objectives
- Gain a deeper understanding of Treasury Management
- Gain knowledge of Treasury Management products and how they help your business clients
- Learn how Treasury Management is integrated with the Bank’s Technology, Operations, Marketing, and Sales teams and how they can work together better
- Learn about risks that Treasury Management products pose to the institution
- Identify new bank fee opportunities, how to market and brand your Treasury Management products, and ideas on how to sell more products by meeting your clients’ needs
- Learn about a sales process and how to customize it for your institution
- Learn about the future of Treasury Management and how your bank can prepare
You will walk away from this course with a deeper knowledge of Treasury Management, learn to conduct risk assessments on new products, and learn strategies to increase core deposits. You’ll also bring ideas back to your institution on how to market Treasury Management products and services to your business account holders and ways your team can work better together knowing how critical each area is to the success of the implementation and sale of these products and services.
- Part I – Foundational Knowledge
- Part II – Marketing & Sales Process
- Part III – Product Implementation
- Part IV – The Future of Cash Management
Who Should Attend
Business bankers/sales team members who want to learn about Treasury Management products and their benefits to business clients, Treasury Management sales officers/specialists, Deposit Operations personnel, IT, and Marketing staff. This course is also designed for Presidents/CEOs who are looking for the ideal organizational structure for Treasury Management and looking for additional non-interest fee income as well as new core deposits.
Why You Should Attend
To obtain a better understanding of the value of Treasury Management products and using them as a core deposit growth and increased fee income strategy. To learn more in-depth how Treasury Management interacts with the business banking, IT, and deposit operations teams. You will also learn about the future products your institution should offer to your clients or members and how new payment systems may affect your institution.
Marci Malzahn is the president and founder of Malzahn Strategic, a community bank consultancy focused on strategic planning, enterprise risk management, and talent management. Marci has 23 years of banking experience, the last ten as the EVP/CFO/COO of a community bank she helped start where she oversaw all the bank operations areas. Marci is the recipient of a number of professional awards, is a published author of three books, and an international bilingual public speaker, speaking frequently at banking conferences and associations.
1.5 CPE Credits & 1.8 AAP Credits