NACHA Operating Rules and Guidelines require that all participating depository financial institutions, third-party senders and third-party service providers that provide ACH services conduct an annual ACH audit to be performed by December 31 of each year (ACH Rules, Article 1).
With the requirement that each participant conducts an annual ACH audit, this helps ensure that electronic payments work safely and efficiently for all users.
Due to a recently approved amendment to the NACHA Operating Rules, Appendix 8 has been removed from the Rules (Appendix 8 was the “guide” or checklist while completing the annual ACH Audit).
With this change, this session will outline what this Rules change means to your process when conducting your ACH Audit and offer tips and guidance for creating your own personalized ACH Audit (based on what ACH activities you utilize).
This ACH training will cover the following critical areas and deliverables:
- Outline the changes to the process of the annual ACH Rules Compliance Audit and the removal of Appendix 8 from the Rules Book
- Define what the General Audit Requirements are (now in Article 1)
- Discussion on the NACHA Operating Guidelines where the new “guidance” is located for conducting the annual ACH Rules Compliance Audit.
- Provide a process to examine the ACH products and/or service being offered or utilized by the specific participant – then determine next steps to ensure compliance
- Provide tips on where to find the Rules pertaining to each ACH function — to help the auditor conducting the annual ACH Audit – to ensure compliance with the NACHA Operating Rules based on usage of ACH
- Review “best practices” and requirements for additional audit requirements (as defined by NACHA)
Donna, the Vice President of Education Services for Dynamic Mastership, is a Certified Master Trainer and an experienced Project Manager, with over 14 years’ experience managing education programs for organizations processing electronic payments and financial institutions operations areas. Prior to founding Dynamic Mastership 3 years ago, Donna served as the Education Services Director for UMACHA for 9 years. Donna began her career serving as Training and Development Specialist for the Federal Reserve Bank, Minneapolis.
1.5 CPE Credits & 1.8 AAP Credits