Tuesday, December 17, 2019
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Eastern Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Central Time)
10:00 – 11:00 am (Mountain Time)
9:00 – 10:00 am (Pacific Time)
What every commercial lender should know about construction lending so new loan opportunities are not missed. This commercial loan webinar will provide the basics so you will be prepared to discuss construction loans and understand the process.
- Questions to ask for vetting the Developer's Expertise and Borrower's Structure
- Identifying required financial support for Borrower and/or Developer
- Identifying and analyzing financing and equity from Sponsors and Financial Partners
- Assessing and verifying sources of repayment and contingencies, including Loan-to-Cost, Loan-to-Value, and Debt Coverage Ratio
- Detailing elements for the Construction Budget and Cost Breakdown
- Assessing project analysis and management, including Land Use Status and Due Diligence Reports
- Necessary steps for reviewing the Contractor, Architect and Engineer
- Disbursements and Controls
Important Takeaways for attendees:
- Why dealing with experienced developers is so important.
- Understanding the real repayment source and the obstacles to timely repayment.
- Develop an understanding of Project Analysis including, land use, construction budgets, and disbursements and controls.
- Exposure to basic documentation.
Robert Dyck has been a banking executive in Southern California for 36 years. For the last 12 years he served as Executive Vice President and Chief Credit Officer of PacWest Bancorp and its banking subsidiary Pacific Western Bank. During this time he managed the acquisition and merger of 20 bank loan portfolios and the blending of 20 different credit cultures. He started his career as a commercial loan officer. In addition, he has held positions that included managing credit training programs, directing loan review departments and he served as a senior credit administrator in several community and regional banks,
1.0 CPE Credits & 1.2 AAP Credits