Thursday, July 11, 2019
2:00 – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time)
1:00 – 2:00 pm (Central Time)
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Mountain Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Pacific Time)
Account officers/relationship officers may not understand the regulatory requirements for assessing the risks of ACH and RDC clients.
- What is the difference between credit underwriting and transactional risk underwriting?
- How do you set exposure limits while complying with regulatory requirements and ensuring that periodic reviews are performed in accordance with network Rules and regulatory expectations?
This payments webinar will take a deep dive from the time potential ACH and RDC customers are brought to the financial institution for review and approval through the duration of the relationship. Learn regulatory guidance, expectations and practical methods for complying while not forcing inefficient processes and inconveniences for the client.
- Best business practices for differentiating between credit underwriting and transactional underwriting;
- Providing a practical business practice for setting effective exposure limits,
- Providing an understanding of how to effectively monitor and perform your periodic risk reviews;
- Following effective and efficient methods for handling over-limit activity;
- Understanding Red flags to help you identify that an account or accounts may have increased risk and when to escalate;
- Creating a practical and effective periodic review process
BONUS MATERIAL: Best Practice Document Included
Best business practice document for credit, transactional underwriting, documenting over-limit activity, performing periodic reviews and reporting high risk activity to the board of directors or designated committee.
Who Should Attend:
- Account Officers
- Relationship Managers
- Treasury Managers
- Payments Professionals
- Electronic Banking Management/Staff
- Deposit Operations Management/Staff
- Risk Management
- Internal Auditors
- Compliance Management/Staff
- Senior Management
Throughout her career, Terri has served as a leader in the payments and fraud prevention industry, providing education, risk management and compliance consulting and support services geared toward the specific needs of financial organizations. Terri is an Advanced Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, an At-Risk Adult Crime Specialist and an Accredited ACH Professional. Prior to founding Secura, Terri served as co-founder of Payments Information Circle (PIC), a service organization providing payments industry education, auditing, consulting, resources, and support services to financial organizations throughout the country. Prior to her work at PIC, Terri also served as the President of GACHA, a non-profit, regional payments association where she provided strategic direction for financial institutions in the payments industry. Terri began her career in payments as a Senior Analyst with the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta where she provided training throughout the Sixth District and served on the Federal Reserve ACH Conversion Team that consolidated ACH Services for all branch locations in the Sixth District.
1.0 CPE Credits & 1.2 AAP Credits