Friday, February 28, 2020
2:00 – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time)
1:00 – 2:00 pm (Central Time)
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Mountain Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Pacific Time)
Credit administration (CA) connects the organization’s credit strategy, credit approval, credit extension, and credit management tasks into a coherent credit risk management function. Whether in the backroom or the front room, CA is necessary to provide a smooth transition from prospective client to creditworthy borrower. Analysis and approval is only part of the story; once the loan is made, the borrower’s performance must be monitored in order to ensure repayment on time, in full, and as agreed.
This loan webinar training is intended to provide guidance on how to develop and maintain a Credit Administration (CA) function that will provide guidance to anyone involved in the credit function of the bank. The session also highlights the safeguards to manage the bank’s loan portfolio in a safe and sound manner.
CA supports credit risk management by watching over credit policy, credit analysis and underwriting, credit approval, credit extension, loan administration and portfolio management. It also includes ensuring that credit policy exceptions and loan documentation exceptions are mitigated, that credit files and loan documentation are secure.
Specific credit training topics include:
- Credit policy - Critical components and maintenance
- Credit analysis and underwriting - Guidance on determining repayment ability from cash flow, collateral and guarantees; global cash flow and debt service ratios, collateral loan-to-values, adjusting net worth of guarantors
- Credit approval - Lending authorities, risk ratings and pricing guidance
- Loan closing, booking, and funding - Appropriate loan documentation
- Portfolio management - Credit policy and loan documentation exceptions, covenant compliance, asset quality tracking
- Credit and loan documentation files - confidentiality and security
- Problem asset management - Policy and practice
As the Principal for Devon Risk Advisory Group, Dev Strischek brings years of senior experience in financial services to his clients around the areas of risk policy, risk culture, and portfolio risk management. Dev also serves as a Member of the Private Company Council for FASB. Prior to those roles, Dev served for 18 years at SunTrust Bank, retiring as their Sr Vice President and Senior Credit Policy Officer for the bank. Dev is a frequent industry speaker on many aspects associated with credit risk and compliance, as well as loan policy best practices. He has also authored many industry trade articles on principles and practices, problems and issues relevant to risks that financial organizations must manage.
1.0 CPE Credits & 1.2 AAP Credits