Friday, February 28, 2020
2:00 – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time)
1:00 – 2:00 pm (Central Time)
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Mountain Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Pacific Time)
Credit administration (CA) connects the organization’s credit strategy, credit approval, credit extension, and credit management tasks into a coherent credit risk management function. Whether in the backroom or the front room, CA is necessary to provide a smooth transition from prospective client to creditworthy borrower. Analysis and approval is only part of the story; once the loan is made, the borrower’s performance must be monitored in order to ensure repayment on time, in full, and as agreed.
This loan webinar training is intended to provide guidance on how to develop and maintain a Credit Administration (CA) function that will provide guidance to anyone involved in the credit function of the bank. The session also highlights the safeguards to manage the bank’s loan portfolio in a safe and sound manner.
CA supports credit risk management by watching over credit policy, credit analysis and underwriting, credit approval, credit extension, loan administration and portfolio management. It also includes ensuring that credit policy exceptions and loan documentation exceptions are mitigated, that credit files and loan documentation are secure.
Specific credit training topics include:
- Credit policy - Critical components and maintenance
- Credit analysis and underwriting - Guidance on determining repayment ability from cash flow, collateral and guarantees; global cash flow and debt service ratios, collateral loan-to-values, adjusting net worth of guarantors
- Credit approval - Lending authorities, risk ratings and pricing guidance
- Loan closing, booking, and funding - Appropriate loan documentation
- Portfolio management - Credit policy and loan documentation exceptions, covenant compliance, asset quality tracking
- Credit and loan documentation files - confidentiality and security
- Problem asset management - Policy and practice
A frequent speaker, instructor, advisor and writer on credit risk and commercial banking topics and issues, Martin J. "Dev" Strischek is principal of Devon Risk Advisory Group based near Atlanta, Georgia. Dev advises, trains, and develops for financial organizations risk management solutions and recommendations on a range of issues and topics, e.g., credit risk management, credit culture, credit policy, credit and lending training, etc. Dev is the former SVP and senior credit policy officer at SunTrust Bank, Atlanta. He was responsible for developing, implementing, and administering credit policies for SunTrust’s wholesale lines of business--commercial, commercial real estate, corporate investment banking, capital markets, business banking and private wealth management. Prior to SunTrust, Mr. Strischek was chief credit officer for Barnett Bank’s Palm Beach market. Dev is also a member of the Financial Accounting Standards Board’s (FASB’s) Private Company Council (PCC).
1.0 CPE Credits & 1.2 AAP Credits