Wednesday, February 2, 2022
2:00 – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time)
1:00 – 2:00 pm (Central Time)
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Mountain Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Pacific Time)
A financial institution’s deposit operations area performs many operational functions and identifies fraud that may often times be missed in other monitoring or overlooked based on an absence of appropriate training. This session focuses on typical roles and responsibilities of a deposit operations department and provides case studies involving fraud identified through daily processing and quality control reviews. Financial institutions may be missing the opportunity to identify fraud earlier in the risk management chain if deposit operations teams don’t have the appropriate fraud identification training. Key areas and functions that are inherently more susceptible to fraudulent activity and best business practices for mitigating fraud risks are covered.
- Dormant Accounts
- Debit Card Issuance/Hot Carding
- New Accounts
- Balance Inquiries
- Telephone and External Transfers
- Changes to Account
- Other deposit operations functions
- Best Business Practice Document for Identifying fraud in Deposit Operations.
- This webinar will include a frequently asked questions document.
Who Should Attend?
- Deposit Operations/Electronic Banking
- Client Facing Teams
- BSA and Fraud
- Treasury Sales and Operations Compliance Officers
- Internal Audit
- Information Security/Technology
- Senior Management
1.0 CPE Credits & 1.2 AAP Credits