Monday, July 27, 2020
2:00 – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time)
1:00 – 2:00 pm (Central Time)
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Mountain Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Pacific Time)
Diversity is not a sometimes issue that only needs to be addressed sometimes. Organizations must be active advocates of diversity and inclusion to remove barriers, eliminate discrimination, and promote equality in the workplace. According to the EEOC, a lack of diversity and inclusion is one of the top risk factors for workplace harassment. Diversity training offers organizations a way to enhance anti-harassment and discrimination programs and policies. More importantly, diversity training is an effective tool for raising awareness of unconscious bias and behaviors that lead to a hostile environment and negative workplace culture.
When organizations effectively demonstrate a value for diversity and inclusion, productivity, morale and customer service improves. Organizations with diversity of through, background and experience are more creative, innovative, and perform better financially. Join this INTERACTIVE diversity and inclusion training program to help raise awareness in your organization of the many benefits of an inclusive culture and how unconscious biases shape our worldview.
Learn strategies to be proactive and remove barriers to help cultivate a more inclusive and productive environment.
Attendees will learn:
- Understanding the value of workplace diversity, inclusion and sensitivity
- How a diverse and inclusive workplace benefits everyone
- How to apply the concepts of diversity and inclusion in day-to-day operations
- Behaviors that lead to a hostile environment
- Workplace issues regarding gender and sexual orientation
- Understanding stereotypes and ways to discourage discrimination
- Building skills-mindfulness techniques and effective communication and skills
- Responding to complaints of discrimination or harassment
- Identifying and Recognizing unconscious bias
- Micro-aggressions in the workplace
- Overview of diversity management and high-involvement diversity practices
- Strategies to be proactive and remove barriers
- How to put diversity and equality policy into practice
This is an INTERACTIVE TRAINING SESSION. Attendees are invited to participate in group exercises to achieve the best learning outcomes.
Dena Somers is a highly regarded bank consultant and compliance attorney. She has provided regulatory compliance and risk management consulting services to financial institutions and companies in highly regulated industries nationwide for more than 20 years. Her areas of expertise include consumer and mortgage lending compliance, Fintech and specialty finance, regulatory compliance training, business strategy and best practice advisement, and corporate governance. Throughout her career, Ms. Somers has advised hundreds of banking and financial institutions— ranging from local community banks to $50 billion financial holding companies— to achieve operational efficiency while ensuring regulatory compliance. Previously, Ms. Somers served as General Counsel to a national mortgage servicing company, Fintech lender, national money service business, and has represented financial institutions in a broad array of complex litigation matters for more than 15 years. Additionally, Ms. Somers is a published author for Lexis Nexis in the areas of Bank Teller training, loan policies, and loan documentation training.
1.0 CPE Credits