Monday, September 28, 2020
12:00 – 2:00 pm (Eastern Time)
11:00 – 1:00 pm (Central Time)
10:00 – 12:00 pm (Mountain Time)
9:00 – 11:00 am (Pacific Time)
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected all organizations in ways completely unanticipated at the beginning of this year. This abrupt change has heightened the importance of relying on electronic signatures and notarization.
Join regulatory counsel, Dena Somers, for a webinar discussing the applicable laws and practical guidance for ensuring valid e-signatures and notarizations. This informative two-hour banking webinar will provide an overview of the concepts, laws, regulatory requirements and cyber security challenges related to electronic signatures and remote notarization.
Whether your institution is considering an e-signature solution or has already made the switch to digital banking, this information-packed webinar explores the requirements, challenges, and best strategies for going paperless.
Remote Online Notarizations (RON)
We’ll discuss best practices for authenticating e-signatures and how to avoid common mistakes to avoid when moving to electronic signatures. For organizations considering remote online/electronic notarizations (RON), we’ll also provide an explanation of a remote electronic notarization process, followed by an overview of the legal framework supporting RON.
Learn how you can respond and manage common challenges and risks that banks should evaluate before utilizing a RON process.
We will also hold a live Q&A at the end of the training. You can submit your question when you register or during the webinar in our “Q&A” feature.
Comprehensive Training Objectives for You and ALL Your Staff
- Legal and compliance requirements for electronic signatures
- How to affix an E-Signature
- Types of documents that can be signed electronically
- Six-step consent requirements of the E-Sign Act
- How to build a streamlined, secure and compliant workflow and implementable strategy for account opening, digital banking, and E-SIGN compliance
- The impact of electronic banking on your payment strategies
- How to address the challenges and pain points with account opening and E-SIGN compliance
- Answers to common FAQs from banks regarding compliance with E-Sign
- Best practices to comply with the E-Sign Act
- E-SIGN for account opening and treasury management
- How to create in person e-notarization
- Remote E-Notarization requirements and standards
- State E-Notarization laws, rules and programs
- The top 3 challenges to going digital and how to overcome them
- Roadmap for building a digital banking strategy
Dena Somers is a highly regarded bank consultant and compliance attorney. She has provided regulatory compliance and risk management consulting services to financial institutions and companies in highly regulated industries nationwide for more than 20 years. Her areas of expertise include consumer and mortgage lending compliance, Fintech and specialty finance, regulatory compliance training, business strategy and best practice advisement, and corporate governance. Throughout her career, Ms. Somers has advised hundreds of banking and financial institutions— ranging from local community banks to $50 billion financial holding companies— to achieve operational efficiency while ensuring regulatory compliance. Previously, Ms. Somers served as General Counsel to a national mortgage servicing company, Fintech lender, national money service business, and has represented financial institutions in a broad array of complex litigation matters for more than 15 years. Additionally, Ms. Somers is a published author for Lexis Nexis in the areas of Bank Teller training, loan policies, and loan documentation training.
2.0 CPE Credits & 2.4 AAP Credits