Monday, July 26, 2021
12:00 – 2:00 pm (Eastern Time)
11:00 – 1:00 pm (Central Time)
10:00 – 12:00 pm (Mountain Time)
9:00 – 11:00 am (Pacific Time)
Back by popular demand! One of our most anticipated webinars is back! Mark your calendar to join regulatory counsel, Dena Somers, for a range of E-SIGN and Remote Online Notarization (RON) updates.
This new and informative 2-part session will provide an overview of the concepts, laws, and regulatory requirements related to electronic signatures and remote notarization, as well as the basic technology you need to perform RONs. We’ll discuss best practices for authenticating e-signatures and the common mistakes to avoid.
Whether your institution is considering an e-signature solution or has already made the switch to digital banking, this information-packed webinar explores the requirements, challenges, and best strategies for going paperless.
Remote Online Notarizations (RON)
We’ll discuss best practices for authenticating e-signatures and how to avoid common mistakes to avoid when moving to electronic signatures. For organizations considering remote online/electronic notarizations (RON), we’ll also provide an explanation of a remote electronic notarization process, followed by an overview of the legal framework supporting RON.
Learn how you can respond and manage common challenges and risks that banks should evaluate before utilizing a RON process.
Join our regulatory experts to learn how you can respond and manage common challenges and risks that banks should evaluate before utilizing a RON process.
We will also hold a live Q&A at the end of the session. You can submit your question when you register or during the webinar in our “Q&A” feature.
Comprehensive Training Objectives for You and ALL Your Staff
- Legal and compliance requirements for electronic signatures
- Types of documents that can be signed electronically
- Learn the six-step consent requirements for consumer accounts under the E-Sign Act
- Best practices for opening accounts and completing signature cards
- How to address the challenges and pain points with account opening and E-SIGN compliance
- Answers to common FAQs from banks regarding compliance with E-Sign
- Best practices to comply with the E-Sign Act
- E-SIGN for account opening and treasury management
- How to create in person e-notarization
- The basic steps for performing remote notarizations
- E-Notarization requirements and standards
- 2021 State Law Survey on E-Notarization laws
- Answers to urgent questions banks are asking about remote online notarization
Dena Somers is a highly regarded bank consultant and compliance attorney. She has provided regulatory compliance and risk management consulting services to financial institutions and companies in highly regulated industries nationwide for more than 20 years. Her areas of expertise include consumer and mortgage lending compliance, Fintech and specialty finance, regulatory compliance training, business strategy and best practice advisement, and corporate governance. Throughout her career, Ms. Somers has advised hundreds of banking and financial institutions— ranging from local community banks to $50 billion financial holding companies— to achieve operational efficiency while ensuring regulatory compliance. Previously, Ms. Somers served as General Counsel to a national mortgage servicing company, Fintech lender, national money service business, and has represented financial institutions in a broad array of complex litigation matters for more than 15 years. Additionally, Ms. Somers is a published author for Lexis Nexis in the areas of Bank Teller training, loan policies, and loan documentation training.
2.0 CPE Credits & 2.4 AAP Credits