Recently approved amendments to the NACHA Operating Rules are expanding Same Day ACH by adding an additional window in which Same Day ACH (SDA) Entries can be transmitted, so what does this mean for the ACH network and the participants? How will this change the processes for the RDFI that is required to make SDA credit Entries available for withdrawal by 5:00 on local RDFI time? This session will outline the upcoming changes and identify the impacts for the Originator, the ODFI and the RDFI.
Another change taking place with the Rules is to increase the dollar limit on a single SDA Entry from $25,000 to $100,000; this will affect the network by adding more Entries (most likely B2B payments) into the network. Discussion during this session will include the impacts to the business and electronic payments going forward and how participants can take advantage of this change and benefit from making this a service available to their business customers.
In addition, details on how the change to the funds availability for both SDA and non-SDA entries will affect the RDFI when processing ACH transactions and remaining in compliance with the changes to the NACHA Operating Rules in the near future.
This payments webinar will identify when to do what and why – plus scenarios to help apply the rules and processes discussed throughout the session.
- Outline the timing with adding the third processing window for SDA Entries
- Identify the impacts to the participants with this new amendment on expanding SDA
- List the possibilities that become available with the increase in dollar limit for a single SDA Entry
- Define the process involved with adding an additional processing window for SDA when it comes to procedures and Rules compliance
- Provide timing for the RDFI to follow with the “faster” funds availability for both SDA and non-SDA Entries with this newly adopted Rules change
- Describe the potential impact to exception processing with the changes to Same Day ACH
Donna, the Vice President of Education Services for Dynamic Mastership, is a Certified Master Trainer and an experienced Project Manager, with over 14 years’ experience managing education programs for organizations processing electronic payments and financial institutions operations areas. Prior to founding Dynamic Mastership 3 years ago, Donna served as the Education Services Director for UMACHA for 9 years. Donna began her career serving as Training and Development Specialist for the Federal Reserve Bank, Minneapolis.
1.5 CPE Credits & 1.8 AAP Credits