Thursday, February 25, 2021
12:00 – 1:30 pm (Eastern Time)
11:00 – 12:30 pm (Central Time)
10:00 – 11:30 am (Mountain Time)
9:00 – 10:30 am (Pacific Time)
A successful Head Teller is constantly seeking ways to improve their team and themselves which ultimately creates a positive accountholder experience and a productive branch! While internal controls, regulatory compliance, and sales goals are critical, so is creating a work environment in which the teller staff is empowered, efficient, and working together as a team to obtain maximum results!
Head Tellers will learn how to empower their staff, conduct efficient staff meetings, and further develop their personal coaching skills which will strengthen the teller team.
Participants will receive tools designed to engage their staff in learning activities which in turn will enable tellers to provide more efficient customer service. Two surveys will be provided that are designed for team leaders to learn more about their team and corporate culture. A unique performance evaluation will be provided that will help both head tellers and team members enhance their banking knowledge and skills.
Join us as we cover communication methods, developing creative learning experiences, teamwork, organizational skills, management principles, and performance feedback. Definitely a training session that will positively impact your head teller as they lead and mentor their team!
- How to use positive, constructive feedback
- Basic principles of managing and motivating people
- Hierarchy of learning and teaching methodology
- Effective change management techniques
- Enhancing communication skills
- Tips on how to develop a team oriented culture
- How to conduct a productive staff meeting
- Organizational skills to improve your team’s performance
- Performing effective employee job performance evaluations
- Tips on creating “cheat sheets” to help your staff
BONUS! TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample performance evaluation
- Sample surveys to identify specific staff and institution needs
- Website references with useful financial industry information
- Sample procedure format
- Clean desk guide
- Employee training log
Molly began her banking career on the teller line while working on her undergraduate degree and has continued working in the financial industry ever since. She has experienced the growth of a hometown bank, acquisitions of branches, bank mergers, charter changes, name changes, MoU’s (not a favorite), and working in a de novo bank. She has activated business resumption plans, implemented a VoIP phone system, performed secondary market quality control reviews, processed wires, filed SAR’s, developed bank approved policies and coordinated reviews with external auditors and examiners. Her wealth of financial experience enables her to relate to the client and perform in depth reviews.
1.5 CPE Credits