Thursday, February 20, 2020
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Eastern Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Central Time)
10:00 – 11:00 am (Mountain Time)
9:00 – 10:00 am (Pacific Time)
The challenge with understanding HMDA is that it’s extremely complex and the rules are tedious. With increased regulatory scrutiny of HMDA data for Fair Lending purposes, it’s critical that banks understand the requirements and accurately collect, record and report the required data to avoid hefty regulatory penalties.
If you need help with HMDA, we’ve got you covered!
This mortgage webinar will discuss the amended HMDA requirements that were made effective in 2018 with up-to-date compliance guidance to help your bank understand, implement, and comply with the greatly expanded reporting requirements. This timely webinar is designed to unravel the regulations and provide clarification on the more complex topics such as multipurpose loans, mixed-use property scenarios, and more. Get answers to your top FAQs and expert analysis in an easy-to-follow format to help your organization gain a higher level of HMDA understanding.
Attendees to this lending webinar will learn:
- Foundational information on the HMDA rules and proposed policy changes
- Detailed review of the revised HMDA data collection and reporting requirements
- Answers to the most recently asked questions related to the 2018 rule
- Clarifications for complicated data points
- Step-by-step data collection definitions and tips to avoid mistakes
- Latest developments in HMDA enforcement
- The 7 essential steps required for HMDA compliance
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT: Participants will receive a comprehensive HMDA Compliance and Examination Checklist to include in your organization’s audit and compliance procedures!
Dena Somers is a highly regarded bank consultant and compliance attorney. She has provided regulatory compliance and risk management consulting services to financial institutions and companies in highly regulated industries nationwide for more than 20 years. Her areas of expertise include consumer and mortgage lending compliance, Fintech and specialty finance, regulatory compliance training, business strategy and best practice advisement, and corporate governance. Throughout her career, Ms. Somers has advised hundreds of banking and financial institutions— ranging from local community banks to $50 billion financial holding companies— to achieve operational efficiency while ensuring regulatory compliance. Previously, Ms. Somers served as General Counsel to a national mortgage servicing company, Fintech lender, national money service business, and has represented financial institutions in a broad array of complex litigation matters for more than 15 years. Additionally, Ms. Somers is a published author for Lexis Nexis in the areas of Bank Teller training, loan policies, and loan documentation training.
1.0 CPE Credits and 1.2 AAP Credits