Wednesday, June 30, 2021
12:00 – 1:30 pm (Eastern Time)
11:00 – 12:30 pm (Central Time)
10:00 – 11:30 am (Mountain Time)
9:00 – 10:30 am (Pacific Time)
Executive management and lenders often attribute portfolio loan problems to borrower mistakes or failures in management. Unfortunately, in many instances, it is the lenders who have contributed to the borrower’s problems. This loan webinar will focus on key lender mistakes which precipitate or exacerbate portfolio loan problems.
Attendees will leave with an understanding of the following mistakes and ways to avoid them:
- Mistake 1: Failing to Distinguish Between a Temporary Investment in Current Assets and a Permanent Investment
- Mistake 2: Inappropriately Financing Working Capital
- Mistake 3: Putting the Customer in the Wrong Loan Product
- Mistake 4: Inappropriately Defining Cash Flow Available for Debt Service
- Mistake 5: Failing to Have a Structured Approach to Determine When to Say Enough is Enough i.e. Term Out a Line of Credit
- Mistake 6: Failing to Establish Expectations with the Customer
- Mistake 7: Over Reliance on Collateral and Guaranties
- Mistake 8: Multiple Exceptions/Variances to Approve a Loan
- Mistake 9: Failing to Provide Adequate Attention to the Bank’s Good Customers
Who should attend?
- Lenders and Underwriters
- Credit Analysts and Administrators
- Loan Auditors and Examiners
- Loan Review and Special Assets Personnel
- Bank and Credit Union Executives, Directors and Chief Lending Officers
For 27 years, John Barrickman has served as President of New Horizons Financial Group, a financial services industry consulting firm nationally recognized as an expert in the areas of comprehensive credit risk management, credit process, loan policy formation, asset quality rating frameworks, risk based pricing and lender development. John is a frequent speaker and subject matter expert on credit policies and procedures at industry events nationwide. John is also a Consulting Associate for Capital Performance Group.
1.5 CPE Credits & 1.8 AAP Credits