Monday, September 13, 2021
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Eastern Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Central Time)
10:00 – 11:00 am (Mountain Time)
9:00 – 10:00 am (Pacific Time)
With the events of the last year still resonating loudly throughout the industry, financial institutions are still focusing on their ability to conduct business more electronically and online.
Online account opening is one of those business opportunities to gain more deposit accounts while also providing a contingency for financial institutions to accept new accounts during a contingency event.
- How do you approach online account opening?
- How does it align and contrast with the traditional account opening process?
Attendees to this bank webinar will learn details on best practices around
- How to implement online account opening,
- Risks associated with this type of service and
- Mitigating risks while balancing a positive customer experience.
- Effective implementation of online account opening
- How financial institutions are using online account opening as a new service and for contingency
- Comparisons and Differences between online and traditional account opening services
- Lessons learned from financial institutions on implementing online account opening
Throughout her career, Terri has served as a leader in the payments and fraud prevention industry, providing education, risk management and compliance consulting and support services geared toward the specific needs of financial organizations. Terri is an Advanced Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, an At-Risk Adult Crime Specialist and an Accredited ACH Professional. Prior to founding Secura, Terri served as co-founder of Payments Information Circle (PIC), a service organization providing payments industry education, auditing, consulting, resources, and support services to financial organizations throughout the country. Prior to her work at PIC, Terri also served as the President of GACHA, a non-profit, regional payments association where she provided strategic direction for financial institutions in the payments industry. Terri began her career in payments as a Senior Analyst with the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta where she provided training throughout the Sixth District and served on the Federal Reserve ACH Conversion Team that consolidated ACH Services for all branch locations in the Sixth District.
1.0 CPE Credits & 1.2 AAP Credits