Monday, September 14, 2020
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Eastern Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Central Time)
10:00 – 11:00 am (Mountain Time)
9:00 – 10:00 am (Pacific Time)
This program is designed to show bankers, lenders and credit professionals:
- How to evaluate a borrower’s operating performance—revenue generation, productivity, efficiency, and profitability--as they analyze the information disclosed in its income statement.
- How to identify the critical elements of the profit and loss statement and their roles in driving a business borrower’s operating performance.
- How to judge a borrower’s operating performance trends and results against industry averages
- P&L’s key components—revenue, cost of goods sold, gross profit, operating expenses, profit before taxes, taxes, profit after taxes
- Revenue growth—actual sales growth vs sustainable growth rate
- Break-even analysis—how much revenue does a borrower need just to cover its expenses?
- Operating leverage—the smaller the gross profit, the more vulnerable a borrower’s profitability is to declining revenues
- Production vs. productivity
- Profit margins—gross profit margin, before-tax profit margin, after-tax profit margin
- Analysis of return on sales, return on assets, return on equity
- Profit vs cash flow—why profit is not always equal to cash flow
BONUS MATERIAL: A case study is used to demonstrate how to evaluate operating performance.
Check out and register for the companion webinar (Sep 14, 2pm ET): Financial Condition – Liquidity, Leverage and Solvency
Or Save $$ and register for BOTH webinars...just $395 A $195 Savings!
As the Principal for Devon Risk Advisory Group, Dev Strischek brings years of senior experience in financial services to his clients around the areas of risk policy, risk culture, and portfolio risk management. Dev also serves as a Member of the Private Company Council for FASB. Prior to those roles, Dev served for 18 years at SunTrust Bank, retiring as their Sr Vice President and Senior Credit Policy Officer for the bank. Dev is a frequent industry speaker on many aspects associated with credit risk and compliance, as well as loan policy best practices. He has also authored many industry trade articles on principles and practices, problems and issues relevant to risks that financial organizations must manage.
1.0 CPE Credits & 1.2 AAP Credits