Friday, February 19, 2021
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Eastern Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Central Time)
10:00 – 11:00 am (Mountain Time)
9:00 – 10:00 am (Pacific Time)
Every step you take! But…rather than see them as a burden, in this risk webinar we are going to discuss how your risk assessments can serve as the road map for scheduling monitoring processes, internal and external audits, and staff training. We will work through the common hazards and roadblocks that jam the process of completing risk assessments, including how to get started, assigning risk weights and when it’s necessary to update your risk factors.
Jump in, buckle-up, and let’s head out on a journey through the risk assessment process.
- Differentiate hemp-related, marijuana-related, and CBD businesses hemp
- Distinguish FinCEN’s recent guidance for conducting due diligence on hemp-related businesses and FinCEN’s MRB guidance
- Ask the “right” questions at account opening to avoid “discovering” a cannabis business long after the fact
- Update your compliance program, including risk assessment, monitoring, and training
- Discuss legislation on the horizon regarding banking marijuana-related businesses
- Use provided tools to establish your initial and ongoing due diligence for these accountholders
Who Should Attend?
This informative session will benefit loan officers, branch managers, operations personnel, BSA officers, and compliance officers.
Dawn began her banking career working for a community bank, while attending The Ohio State University. She has nearly fifteen years of experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing and compliance. Most recently Dawn served as the Senior Vice President of Bank Operations for a central-Ohio based community bank, where she created and refined the bank’s policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized implementation of new products and services. She has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy and Security Officer and led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information for and completed a variety of regulatory applications and coordinated internal and external audits and exams.
1.0 CPE and 1.2 AAP Credits