75% of banks think that social media is important. However, recent studies show that many banks are failing to take advantage of social media as a sales and marketing tool. Many times this lack of engagement is due to the fear of legal and regulatory compliance risks.
- How do you mitigate the risks associated with social media?
- How do you engage in social media activities without allowing “legalese” to ruin effectiveness?
In this banking webinar, presenters will discuss the legal and regulatory risks of social media and more importantly, how to address those risks to reap the rewards that result from an effective social media strategy. Led by a bank attorney and bank marketing expert, this social media webinar will show examples of institutions that are “getting it right” and those that have “gotten it wrong.”
Takeaways that Attendees will Leave Understanding include:
- Current uses of social media by financial institutions
- The major legal and compliance risks involved with those uses
- Risk mitigation techniques and their “pros” and “cons” from both the legal/compliance perspective and the branding/marketing perspective
- Suggested approaches to finding the middle ground between “no risk” and “too much risk”
- Examples of “getting it right” and “getting it wrong”
Lisa Beck is a nationally recognized strategic marketing executive and business development professional with an extensive background in the financial services and mid-sized business arena. She has successfully transitioned brands and created a national brand with three unique business units. Lisa’s experience encompasses a broad spectrum of financial industry knowledge, skills and experience. Skilled at developing and leading teams to successfully achieve growth plans, she demonstrates a proven success creating sales and marketing strategies on a national platform evolving brands to match business objectives.
Kevin Funnell has over 43 years of experience working with companies on complicated business and regulatory matters, including business law, commercial transactions, financial institutions regulations, mergers and acquisitions, mortgage banking, privacy, Internet and electronic commerce, outsourcing, and information technology services. Kevin has worked with financial institutions and other companies on electronic commerce, data acquisition, management, and processing, information technology services, and developing issues related to the Internet. He has also served as an in-house counsel to a large financial institution and understands complex business and legal issues from the perspective of the corporate legal department.
1.0 CPE Credits & 1.2 AAP Credits