75% of banks think that social media is important. However, recent studies show that many banks are failing to take advantage of social media as a sales and marketing tool. Many times this lack of engagement is due to the fear of legal and regulatory compliance risks.
- How do you mitigate the risks associated with social media?
- How do you engage in social media activities without allowing “legalese” to ruin effectiveness?
In this banking webinar, presenters will discuss the legal and regulatory risks of social media and more importantly, how to address those risks to reap the rewards that result from an effective social media strategy. Led by a bank attorney and bank marketing expert, this social media webinar will show examples of institutions that are “getting it right” and those that have “gotten it wrong.”
Takeaways that Attendees will Leave Understanding include:
- Current uses of social media by financial institutions
- The major legal and compliance risks involved with those uses
- Risk mitigation techniques and their “pros” and “cons” from both the legal/compliance perspective and the branding/marketing perspective
- Suggested approaches to finding the middle ground between “no risk” and “too much risk”
- Examples of “getting it right” and “getting it wrong”
1.0 CPE Credits & 1.2 AAP Credits