Monday, June 15, 2020
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Eastern Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Central Time)
10:00 – 11:00 am (Mountain Time)
9:00 – 10:00 am (Pacific Time)
This bank webinar provides the fundamentals of trust administration and asset management services. This Trust training session is perfect for new trust department employees and provides seasoned personnel with an in-depth review of key issues and responsibilities in trust administration.
A training outline for trust department staff and sample CIP procedures will also be provided.
Attendees will leave with an understanding of:
- Trust Officer duties and management responsibilities
- Procedures and requirements for accepting new trust accounts
- Bank and trust department employee responsibilities
- CIP procedures for trust departments
- Overview of Investment Management, Personal Trust and Estate Services, Custody Services and Related Private Banking Services
- Private investment companies and offshore trusts
- Nongovernmental Organizations and Charities
- High-Risk trust services
- OFAC responsibilities
- Fund transfer recordkeeping
- Trust account and NGO risks and mitigation
- Requirements for performing administrative and investment reviews
BONUS TAKEAWAY: Attendees will receive a training outline for Trust Department employees, as well as CIP Procedures for trust departments to enhance your existing CIP program.
Dena Somers is a highly regarded bank consultant and compliance attorney. She has provided regulatory compliance and risk management consulting services to financial institutions and companies in highly regulated industries nationwide for more than 20 years. Her areas of expertise include consumer and mortgage lending compliance, Fintech and specialty finance, regulatory compliance training, business strategy and best practice advisement, and corporate governance. Throughout her career, Ms. Somers has advised hundreds of banking and financial institutions— ranging from local community banks to $50 billion financial holding companies— to achieve operational efficiency while ensuring regulatory compliance. Previously, Ms. Somers served as General Counsel to a national mortgage servicing company, Fintech lender, national money service business, and has represented financial institutions in a broad array of complex litigation matters for more than 15 years. Additionally, Ms. Somers is a published author for Lexis Nexis in the areas of Bank Teller training, loan policies, and loan documentation training.
1.0 CPE Credits and 1.2 AAP Credits